Friday, June 19, 2015

Walter Bishop's Deli (4/4)

By thecortexifan (@thecortexifan)

PART 4 (read part 3)

5.10 Anomaly XB-6783746


Waffle Sticks. I think this was one of my favorite. 

I found a waffle stick maker and had to buy it of course. Make your waffle batter according to your favorite recipe and bake half of it. Then add cocoa powder or melted chocolate to the rest of the batter and bake. 


Melt white, dark, or milk chocolate and dip, decorate with sprinkles. Obviously I didn't have a cart but I found a way to display mine too. 


I think this covers pretty much it. All of the items make great buffets for "Fringe" themed parties. Here are a few more smaller things you can use to round out your buffets. 



1.06 The Cure
Walter: "To understand what happened at the diner - we'll use Mister Papaya. Clear!... This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits." 







Obviously I wasn't going to blow up a papaya. But we needed some fruit representation so I created Mrs. Melone. lol. Cut the top off from a watermelon, scoop out the meat but save it, refill the melon after you're done. Draw a mouth, nose or mustache on it, take pipe cleaners to create arms and legs, and stick wiggle eyes on it and there you go. 






Here are all the episode references for this last bunch. Then at the end I'll post displays from the parties. 

1.07 In Which We Meet Mr. Jones (left)
Walter: "You know I had a fruit cocktail once. In Atlantic City. Mind you. I'm not a fruit cocktail sort of guy." I'm really hoping that Walter about the food fruit cocktail, lol. Is there anything else that has that nick name? 
3.21 The Last Same Weiss (right)
Walter: "It's a long time since I've seen a classic fruit cocktail. Why do you suppose that is?"



1.15 Inner Child (left) 
Olivia: "When I was a kid, I used to live on these. Except the yellow. Something about the color. Reminded me of medicine." 
Now before you go and say M&Ms aren't Walter food. Here is this. 
4.15 A Short Story About Love (right)
Walter: "I've run out of M&Ms."



2.16 Olivia. In The Lab. With The Revolver 
Walter: "... since we're baking, we may as well make some taffy." And later. 
Walter: "It's taffy. I'm making it for Peter."



3.04 Do Shapeshifters Dream Of Electric Sheep 
Astrid: "Look, animal cookies. You love these."
Walter: "No. Belly loved them. I occasionally eat them to honor him, that is all."



5.03 The Recordist 
Now this is not really Walter Food but I wanted some rocks/crystals. I found this candy. 



So now, let's put it together. 
Fringe Party 2012. The cookies in the front center are bacon cookies. 



Fringe Party 2013



Walter Food is just as special to me as the show, its characters and cast.  Fringe not only left an indelible mark on my soul but also in my stomach :)


THE END

credits: screencaps are from fringefiles.com, transcripts are from fringepedia.net, and the other pictures are mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment