Friday, August 22, 2014

Last Day Treasure

By Angela514 (@angelamorales18)

Taking a trip over to Vancouver was something I have always wanted to do, even before Fringe. I've never been farther out west from Montreal, Canada than Ottawa, and I finally got my chance on October 29th 2012. It would be my first trip anywhere traveling alone, so it was a pretty big deal for me. I didn't want to spend my week waiting around for Fringe filming sets, and spent my week playing tourist and getting to know this beautiful city. I met Fringe fans, one of whom I knew from twitter, who took me around the city showing me different fringe filming locations, the Bishop house and the Irish Heather pub being my favourites, which was super cool, and I'm forever grateful for them. 

Before I knew it my week in Vancouver was almost over and I was to leave on Sunday, and although I fell in love with the city, I was disappointed I didn't get the chance to see at Fringe filming or meet the cast, I so yearned to meet Anna Torv and Joshua Jackson the most. When I heard a few days earlier that there would be filming a day after I was scheduled to leave, I debated for 5 minutes whether I should delay my flight two days. It wasn't a hard choice and I was quickly on the phone changing my flight. 

Monday was an extraordinary day for me, it was a beautiful clear day when I got up early and made my way to the area I knew they were filming at. I met some really great fringe fans and we spent the day taking pictures, admiring the cast, the crew, the sets. 









It was amazing! I met Anna first, and she is just absolutely gorgeous, and such a sweet girl, and she so kindly stopped to take pictures with us even though she was on her way for a break and set change. 











John was equally adorable, and was so happy to take a picture with me and pulled me right in, grabbing my hand, even though my hands were ice.








Meeting Josh was the highlight of my day, I was so nervous, I was literally shaking, and the extras we were talking to were very encouraging for me to go up to him to take a picture and to get his comic book signed, I finally worked up the courage and had a friend come with me. I had come up with so much to talk to him about, and yet when the time came I went completely blank, I don't even remember much of what I said, but he was so beautiful in person, I was just left speechless. All I remember was he was very impressed that I came prepared with a black and silver sharpie so that he could sign my comic book and my season 1 dvd cover. Best moment of my life!











I managed to stop Blair Brown for a picture and autograph, and although she is intimidating on Fringe, she is absolutely such a sweetheart, and super happy and friendly with her fans.









Before long, it was dark, and the filming just wrapped for the day, we realized we were outside watching filming for 10 hours straight, but it was one of the best days of my life and I will forever treasure it, I am so lucky to have had the chance to meet them.



No comments:

Post a Comment